Shebesh withdraws Kidero assault complaint

March 11, 2014 10:07 am
Shares
Shebesh told Capital FM News that she withdrew the charge at the Parliament Police Station early on Tuesday/FILE
Shebesh told Capital FM News that she withdrew the charge at the Parliament Police Station early on Tuesday/FILE

, NAIROBI, Kenya, Mar 11 – Nairobi County Woman Representative Rachel Shebesh has formally withdrawn a complaint she had filed against Governor Evans Kidero over an assault saga dating back last year.

Shebesh told Capital FM News that she withdrew the charge at the Parliament Police Station early on Tuesday.

“I had to leave hospital to go and withdraw the charge and I’m now back in hospital since I have not been feeling well,” Shebesh said when reached on telephone.

The Director of Public Prosecutions had asked the two to withdraw complaints against each other after they reached an out-of-court settlement. READ: DPP tells Kidero, Shebesh to vacate charges before police.

Shebesh was to be charged with creating a disturbance while Kidero was to face assault charges following an altercation at City Hall last September.

 

Shares

Latest Articles

Most Viewed