Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

Capital News


6 victims in Likoni blast remain hospitalised

POLICE-LINENAIROBI, Kenya, Jun 10 – Six worshipers are still admitted to the Coast General Hospital following Sunday night ‘s grenade attack at a crusade in Likoni.

Coast Provincial Police chief Aggrey Adoli says 11 others who suffered minor injuries have been discharged.

Adoli who spoke to journalists at his office said that the attack was executed using an Improvised Explosive Device.

He said: “We have tried to ascertain the exact nature of the item used in the blast and have confirmed that it was an improvised device that was hurled into the crowd.”

“We are following crucial leads that will ensure that we bring to book all perpetrators,” he added.

The PPO reiterated that they had intensified security to mitigate terror threats in the coastal town and appealed for cooperation from members of the public.

He has ordered that church crusades end by 5.30pm as a precautionary measure to avoid such attacks that have been witnessed in the past.

“We have given crusades in this region up to 5.30pm; all should have ended at that time as they are soft targets,” he insisted.

In Nairobi, three people who sustained injuries in a grenade attack that occurred in Eastleigh have been discharged.

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.

The three left hospital on Monday morning from the Afwan Hospital in Eastleigh where they were admitted following the blast near popular eatery Mpambe.

Samuel Mwangi, a boda boda operator who witnessed the incident told Capital FM News that the grenade was not thrown out of a car as earlier reported.

“We could have seen the vehicle because there were two others packed… one which was a taxi and another, a Toyota Noah which had its owner (inside),” he said.

He said that the owner of the Toyota Noah was forced to flee after he was accused of being behind the attack.

Nairobi PPO Benson Kibue says that police in Nairobi have intensified the hunt for three assailants, a lady and three men suspected to have been involved in the incident.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


More on Capital News