2020 is almost over (insert rolling eyes emoji here) and we cannot wait to say goodbye to it. While it has been kinder to some and tougher on others we can all freely agree that “What have you achieved this year?” is a question that was banned this year
We can also agree that any win this year was an achievement and if you’re still not convinced that you have achieved anything this year I have something that will help change your mind… and that is the 30 day challenge!
30 day challenges are the greatest way to add a good habit or subtract a bad one from your life and it is a proven fact that time is so much memorable when you are doing something you enjoy doing or look forward to doing every day.
Since we still have some 50-something days to go, we have ample time to try and gain a good habit that will help us feel like we went through 2020 like champs. The 30 day challenges work like magic.
If you don’t believe me then watch this TED talk by Matt Cutts…
Now that you have watched Matt’s TED talk and you believe me, here are not one, not two but very many 30-day challenges you can choose from and go to town with for a better you …and also which will help you feel like you achieved something great for yourself in 2020.
- Drink more water
- Take a unique picture every day for a month
- Brush your teeth twice a day
- Floss your teeth
- Ban added sugar
- Ban processed foods
- Ban alcohol/cigarettes and other substances that are bad for your health
- Eat healthy, balanced, home cooked meals only and prepare meals for the week
- Watch a TED talk a day
- Walk 10,000 steps every day
- Get 8 hours of sleep
- Ditch the elevator and take the stairs
- Read 20 pages or more per day
- Write that book (a chapter a day)
- Learn how to code
- Set 3 priorities every day and achieve them
- Practice a hobby
- Learn a language
- Learn something new. There’s so much on YouTube and Pinterest to learn from.
- Learn about house plants, their characteristics and even their scientific names
- Write in your gratitude journal
- Put together a 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle
- Find a 30 day plan on the Bible app
- Smile at strangers and at your reflection whenever you come across it
- No complaining for 30 days
- No biting of nails, pulling of hair, picking at pimples…any bad habit.
- Pray for 30 or more people in your life
- Say thank you
- Write down 30 affirmations and affirm yourself every day
- Listen to a different podcast every day as you sample the ones you like
- Start your own podcast
- Reach out to a different person every day and touch base
- Laugh, really laugh
- Take a break from social media
- Declutter your home/wardrobe/phone/computer
- Thoroughly clean a spot in your home
- Spend at least 30 minutes outside appreciating “the outside”
- Track your spending and save 20/50/100/200/1000 bob a day
- Carry packed lunch to work
- Fill out crosswords, code words, sudokus, play online scrabble, chess etc
- Dance for 10 minutes all by yourself
- Wish someone from your friends list on Facebook a happy birthday.
- Replace one meal a day with a healthy smoothie
- Don’t buy anything new
- Say hi to a stranger
Remember to choose a few challenges that will make your year 2020 count for something. Also, Enjoy!