Money can truly buy you anything in the world. You name it, and it will be all yours. Just when we thought the limits at the top of the market were being tested, 2018 clearly saw further rapid price escalation luxury goods to unimaginable scales. In a just released report, according to the data providers for the Knight Frank Luxury Investment Index, these were the top sales record breakers of 2018.
1. 1960s Ferrari 250 GTOs sold for $48 million
2. The Macallan 1926, 60 Year-Old, Michael Dillon sold for $1.5 million
3. Marie Antoinette pearl pendant sold for $36.4 million
4. Rolex Daytona known as “The Unicorn” sold at auction for $5.9 million
5. David Hockney Painting Sells for a Record-Breaking $90.3 Million
6. A bottle of Romanée-Conti wine sold for $558,000
7. Rare ‘Inverted Jenny’ stamp sold for $1.6 million
8. The Polish 1621 Hundred Ducats sold for $ 2.2 million
9. The Pink Legacy, a 18.96 carat fancy vivid pink diamond sold for $50 million
Indeed Money is good.