Neutrogena is expected to launch MaskiD™ at the ongoing Consumer Electronics Showcase (CES) in Las Vegas. The Neutrogena MaskiD™ is a patent-pending, 3D-printed sheet mask powered by user data.
Sheet masks are a particularly effective vehicle for potent skincare ingredients because they create a physical barrier that locks them in and maximizes efficacy. Personalization with the Neutrogena MaskiD™ happens in three ways – first with the shape of the mask itself. Using a smartphone 3D camera, the user simply snaps a selfie to create a precise, multi-dimensional map of her face and the exact measurements and shape of her nose, space between the eyes, lips, and other unique physical characteristics.
Next, personalized data from the Neutrogena Skin 360™ system creates the virtual equivalent of a knowledgeable dermatologist and analyzes the skin’s needs, making a recommendation for what ingredients will be most beneficial and where. Finally, using a proprietary 3D printing process, high-efficacy ingredients are printed onto the custom-fit hydrogel mask on the exact zones of the mask where they will deliver the greatest benefit for that individual.
The new Neutrogena MaskiD™ forms a translucent, flexible layer that conforms to every contour of the face. The ingredients, chosen based on information about each user’s unique skin needs and infused into the six zones of the mask (forehead, eye orbital, nose, cheeks, chin and nasolabial folds), include:
- Purified hyaluronic acid helps improve skin’s moisture barrier, resulting in smooth, hydrated skin.
- Vitamin B3 helps boost skin’s ability to improve its appearance of discoloration, dull skin and helps to diffuse the look of dark spots.
- Feverfew delivers high antioxidant benefits to help reduce the appearance of facial redness.
- Stabilized Glucosamine helps exfoliate the skin, reducing the appearance of fine lines.
- Vitamin C delivers healthier and brighter looking skin and improved overall radiance of skin
Neutrogena MaskiD™ will be sold exclusively on Neutrogena.com to consumers in the United States beginning in Q3 of this year. Anyone interested in joining the waiting list to be the first to try the brand’s first-ever personalized skincare product can sign up now at Neutrogena.com/MaskiD.