TripAdvisor, the world’s largest travel site, today announced the winners of its Travelers’ Choice® awards for Restaurants. This year, the awards recognize 75 U.S. restaurants overall across the categories of Fine Dining, as well as two new categories: Everyday Dining and Fast Casual.
The first-ever Everyday Dining category awards restaurants that provide great meals for any occasion, while the Fast Casual category awards restaurants that offer high-quality meals at a great value to diners on the go.
Award winners were determined using an algorithm that took into account the quantity and quality of reviews for restaurants around the world, gathered over a 12-month period.
2018’s Best U.S. Restaurants
Top 10 Fine Dining Restaurants
- Gabriel Kreuther – New York City, New York (also ranked #16 in the world overall)Michelin Star and James Beard award-winning chef Gabriel Kreuther serves up delectable French cuisine at his namesake luxurious Midtown Manhattan restaurant. “The food was exquisite, the service impeccable and the overall experience wonderful. It’s pricey, so save it for a special occasion, but I can’t recommend it highly enough,” noted a TripAdvisor diner.
- Daniel – New York City, New York (also ranked #25 in the world overall)Located on the Upper East Side, Daniel Boulud’s flagship restaurant, Daniel, is well-known for its refined European cuisine, world-class wine cellar and exemplary service. “From the moment we walked in the front door until we exited, we all agreed this was the most unique dining experience we’ve ever had… I’ve eaten all over the world and the meal, service and dining experience at Daniel will never be duplicated,” noted a TripAdvisor diner.
- Café Monarch – Scottsdale, ArizonaThe family-owned and operated Café Monarch offers an ever-evolving four-course tasting menu featuring local, organic, sustainable and premium ingredients in an elegant setting. “The food was exceptional in quality and presentation – a real delight for the taste buds. The staff pampered us and made us feel right at home in this former mansion. We had a most memorable meal in this world class restaurant,” noted a TripAdvisor diner.
- Circa 1886 – Charleston, South CarolinaTucked behind the historic Wentworth Mansion, Circa 1886 is renowned for its modern take on classic Lowcountry cuisine and charming décor. “Super creative and delicious food, superior service and a wonderfully cozy and elegant dining room. It’s our favorite restaurant in Charleston hands-down,” noted a TripAdvisor diner.
- Flight Restaurant & Wine Bar – Memphis, TennesseeSet in the heart of downtown Memphis, indecisive diners will find delight in Flight Restaurant & Wine Bar’s unique approach of serving their meals in tasting flight trios. “The flight format for dinning is brilliant. The quality of the food, and the knowledge of our waiter in helping us to select our flights, then helping us pair wine with the food…awesome,” noted a TripAdvisor diner.
- Halls Chophouse – Charleston, South CarolinaRevered for its excellent service and premium steaks, the family-run Halls Chophouse features live music every night of the week. “We were treated like royalty the minute we walked in the door until the moment we left… Our steaks were amazing, wine was top-notch and the staff will leave you awe-stricken,” noted a TripAdvisor diner.
- GW Fins – New Orleans, LouisianaLocated in the French Quarter, GW Fins is well-known for serving fresh, high-quality fish with a menu that changes daily. “This restaurant has a great ambience, the staff are delightful and the food is absolutely delicious. Well cooked, nicely presented and as fresh as you can get,” noted a TripAdvisor diner.
- Charleston Grill – Charleston, South CarolinaSet within the Belmond Charleston Place hotel, Charleston Grill takes an elegant spin on Southern cuisine while featuring live jazz music seven nights a week. “I have dined at many fine restaurants throughout the world and this experience was amongst the best. Impeccable service, sensational cuisine accompanied by an amazing jazz combo made for a memorable evening,” noted a TripAdvisor diner.
- Lahaina Grill – Maui, HawaiiThe highly-acclaimed Lahaina Grill features delectable new American cuisine in a romantic, contemporary bistro setting. “An overall outstanding experience. Everything from the service, the menu, the wine list, the atmosphere, and the food was five-star. Expensive, but fine dining at its best,” noted a TripAdvisor diner.
- Geronimo – Santa Fe, New MexicoUniquely situated within a 250-year-old adobe home, Geronimo offers a global eclectic menu of Southwestern-inspired dishes in a warm and rustic atmosphere. “The food, service and ambiance are all amazing. Highly recommend planning a special meal if you are visiting Santa Fe. It is not easy to find a restaurant as awesome as Geronimo,” noted a TripAdvisor diner.
Top 10 Restaurants for Everyday Dining
- Pane & Vino – Miami Beach, Florida
- Mon Ami Gabi – Las Vegas, Nevada
- Hog Island Oyster Company – San Francisco, California
- Phil’s BBQ – San Diego, California
- Spice Symphony – New York City, New York
- Duke’s Waikiki – Honolulu, Hawaii
- Blue Heaven – Key West, Florida
- Santa Barbara Shellfish Company – Santa Barbara, California
- Oceana Grill – New Orleans, Louisiana
- The Pink Door – Seattle, Washington
Top 10 Fast Casual Restaurants
- Portillo’s – Chicago, Illinois
- Earl of Sandwich – Las Vegas, Nevada
- Shake Shack – New York City, New York
- Blaze Pizza – Orlando, Florida
- In-N-Out Burger – Los Angeles, California
- The Taco Stand – La Jolla, California
- Five Guys – Orlando, Florida
- Super Duper Burgers – San Francisco, California
- Tacos el Gordo – Las Vegas, Nevada
- Torchy’s Tacos – Austin, Texas