I love you
Who does not want to hear those three little words from their significant other?
Well, would you believe that I am in a relationship with a man who has never told me he loves me but it is the best relationship that I have ever been in?
We live together and have discussed marriage and children. We have a life plan and we are extremely happy.
It sounds so strange, I know.
You would think that amongst all this happiness and planning for a future there would be at least a few ‘I love yous’ being thrown around the room.
There isn’t. Not even once.
But, do I think there is something wrong with our relationship or that it might be doomed?
Actions speak louder than words
There was a stage where I questioned why my boyfriend had not told me he loved me. I could see he did but the words were never spoken.
Did he have an issue with expressing his feelings? Was he perhaps waiting for the right moment or was he just not ‘that way’ inclined? Guys are not usually as verbally expressive as women.
I thought back on my past relationship
Someone can tell you they love you 10 times a day but if they don’t show it, then their words are pretty meaningless. Actions, on the other hand, speak volumes!
My ex used to tell mehow much he loved me but he was not interested in getting married, we did not live together and, here is the cherry on the top – he cheated on me, more than once!
There are men who claim to love and adore their wives in public but behind closed doors, they are beating them up or verbally abusing them (or both!).
My boyfriend might not tell me that he loves me but boy, does the man know how to show it. In little ways, in big ways and every single day. Even in the less than great moments which all relationships have, the way he handles the situation and speaks to me still shows me that he cares about my feelings and our relationship.
While some people might say that he should be telling me that he loves me, I say: “Life does not have to be perfect to be wonderful”. Even if he never tells me but he continues to show me, it is all good.
Perhaps you are in a similar situation and you feel unsure about your partner’s ‘level of love’ for you.
What are the signs – how do you know that he really loves you?
12 signs your man loves you – even if he does not say it
- When he talks about his future, you are in it. He uses ‘we’ instead of ‘I’.
- His family and everyone in his social circle, knows who you are or at least knows about you.
- He was more than happy to meet your family and regularly attends family get togethers with you.
- He treats you as a priority and with the utmost respect.
- He is always honest with you and has nothing to hide. He leaves his phone lying around, etc.
- He will be affectionate towards you – at home and in public.
- People tell you that he speaks highly of you.
- He is respectful of your feelings, your time, your hopes and dreams.
- He makes the effort to express to you that he misses you or that he needs you.
- He is willing to compromise with you.
- Take note of all the little things he does. Coffee brought to you in the morning, offering to rub your back or run your bath, a surprise bunch of flowers or chocolates – all little signs that he loves you and wants to make you happy.
- He sees the best in you and reminds you of your good qualities when you are feeling down on yourself.
A man who loves you will NEVER
- String you along
- Make you feel unimportant
- Refuse to meet your family or introduce you to his
- Hit you
- Lie to you
- Cheat on you
- Speak badly to you / belittle you in public