Named as the “Best LGBTQ Destination” in 2018 for the third consecutive year by the Travvy Awards, Miami Beach welcomes travelers from across the globe to participate in and enjoy a number of specialty LGBTQ events this April.
Starting April 2, Miami Beach will host a variety of happenings including OUTSHINE Film Festival, Miami Beach Gay Pride Parade and more to shine a light on how Miami Beach is truly like no other place in the world for all visitors.
The city of Miami Beach has been known and recognized as a top travel destination for LGBTQ travelers for years. Home to key organizations like The Hub at the LGBT Visitor Center in Miami Beach and the Miami-Dade Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce, Miami Beach continues to offer and introduce initiatives and programs in support of the LGBTQ community.
For those traveling to Miami Beach to celebrate Miami Beach Gay Pride, there are a number of specialty experiences, entertainment options, destination hotels and restaurants that are perfect picks for LGBTQ travelers including:
- Basement Pride Kick-Off Party: Basement at the Edition Hotel, a hot-spot that’s more than just a nightclub, boasting a neon-lit bowling alley and ice-skating rink, will host their second annual kick-off party with beats by Paulo Pacheco and a spinning Disco party.
- Miami Beach Gay Pride Parade and Festival: Celebrating its 10th Anniversary, the Miami Beach Gay Pride Parade, led by celebrity Grand Marshal and Olympic Medalist, Gus Kenworthy and local media personality Roxanne Vargas, will take place on Sunday, April 8th on Ocean Drive from 5th to 15th Street. Following the parade, Miami Beachcelebrates Pride with 125 vendor booths offering food and cocktails, special performances including Natascha Bessez and DJ Hector Fonseca, and a grand display of fireworks to close the night.
- Spotlight Mega-Mixer Benefitting Miami Beach Gay Pride: The Miami-Dade Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (MDGLCC) invites the community to a night of networking and cocktails at the Shore Club South Beach. Guests can mingle with over 200 Chamber members and the LGBTQ community.
- Hôtel Gaythering: This premier boutique hotel located in the epicenter of Miami Beach is a top choice for gay travelers. In addition to a host of amenities, evening entertainment like Karaoke Monday and Happy Hour make this hotel a #1 choice for Pride Week.
- PALACE South Beach: As a year-round LGBTQ-friendly destination, activities at this famed restaurant are a must-dofor locals and travelers. Enjoy great food and a spectacular entertainment like live drag shows and exclusive special guests.
- OUTSHINE Film Festival: From Friday, April 20 to Sunday, April 29, the OUTSHINE Film Festival, formerly known as The Miami Gay & Lesbian Film Festival, will offer special screenings at Regal Cinemas South Beach. Guests can enjoy films that highlight international and culturally diverse perspectives that focus on the LGBT experience.