Marriage is more than a marriage certificate and wedding rings, it is:
1. Having that one person who is faithful and loyal to you for life.
2. Having a companion till death.
3. Having a best friend to do serious and silly stuff with.
4. Having someone to laugh at your jokes even when they are not that funny.
5. Having someone who gives you great sex and that great sex is all yours.
6. Having that one person you share a home with who knows you better than anyone.
7. Having a prayer partner that knows what to pray because he/she is involved in every aspect of your life.
8. Having someone to go through the joys, stress and struggles of parenthood with.
9. Having someone who understands you even when the world doesn’t get you.
10. Having someone to nurse you when you are sick.
11. Having someone to help you out with responsibilities and chores at home.
12. Having a co-leader in leading your family.
13. Having that one person to hold and hug you and kiss when you need to be comforted and reassured.
14. Having that one person to get mad at, vent to, pour out your frustrations to and make up quickly with.
15. Having someone to advise you because he/she has the greatest stake in your future.
16. Having someone to count on and will not turn you down because you two are one.
17. Having that one person to go out on dates with even when you two are old and grey.
18. Having that one person to wash your back in the shower, massage you and oil you for free and with love.
19. Having someone to come home to and tell how your day has been.
20. Having that one person who cheers you on even when you feel like giving up because your success is his/her success.
21. Having someone to go for events with and brag you are Mr. and Mrs.
22. Having someone who helps with finances and how to manage life. Doing love as a team.
23. Having someone who knows your history, lives with you your today and builds with you your future.
24. Having someone to entertain visitors with in your home.
25. Having someone to change the world with, a partner in touching lives.
26. Having someone to look back at life when you are old and see meaning and fulfillment because you loved and were loved.
27. Having someone to bring you back on track when you go astray.
28. Having someone who can ask you “Are you OK?” even years down the line because he/she cares.
29. Having someone who still finds you attractive even when your body ages, hair turns grey and wrinkles fill your face.
30. Having someone to be accountable to. This keeps you humble, focused and brings out the best in you.
31. Having that one person in your life that you are most scared to lose.
There are many who are legally married with a marriage certificate and wedding rings; but they don’t have a functioning marriage. It’s time we remember and go back to what marriage is about. Time to not only be legally married but have the blessings and meaning that comes with being married.