MAC Cosmetics Sub-Saharan Africa Senior Artist, Marco-Louis Ackers (@marco_louis) and Capital FM (@capitalfmkenya) will be bringing you the latest makeup trends and looks directly from the backstage of New York Fashion Week!
Here’s the look for Oscar de la Renta Pre-Spring 2018 Show
1) Even in death, Oscar de la Renta is a legend. How is it working for such a trend-setting and glamorous brand, and the new co-creative directors Laura Kim and Fernando Garcia?
Marco-Louis: If you look at the aesthetic of the brand, even with the new creative directors, they’ve definitely managed to keep the classic silhouette and the extensive work that the clothes have that’s true to the brand. There’s definitely a younger edge, such as using luminous colours and incorporating more of a streetwear look.
The makeup played a big role in creating this streetwear look, which was something that’s a lot more wearable without losing the opulence that is Oscar.
2) In 3 words, describe Oscar de la Renta’s makeup look.
Marco-Louis: Edgy. Classic. Feminine.
3) What product applications were you most excited about?
Marco-Louis: The liner! It was more technical so it’s exciting for the artist because of dashing backstage and ensuring that you can get a really crisp liner. We used MAC Fluidline Eye Liner Gel Blacktrack and an angle brush. We used the same application technique with the second liner that was in a different colour, achieving a younger look.
4) What part of this look would be applicable to a woman’s day-to- day look?
Marco-Louis: This overall was completely a wearable look despite the liner adding a bit of colour to it. The look was still simple enough that anyone could translate it for every day.
5) What were the key MAC products used to achieve this look?
Marco-Louis: MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation to create the perfect skin, MAC Fluidline Eye Liner Gel Blacktrack, and MAC Chromacake liner