Usher hits back at herpes lawsuit

Usher has asked for a $20 million lawsuit accusing him of giving a woman herpes to be thrown out.

The ‘OMG’ singer is being sued for $20 million by an unnamed woman in Georgia, who claims she contracted the sexually-transmitted disease from him in April, and he has now filed a response to her case.

In legal documents obtained by TMZ, Usher noted the lawsuit didn’t state whether she had been tested for the disease before their alleged sexal encounter.

He said: “A previous sexual partner very well may have already infected her.”

And he also argued she could have contracted the infection from someone else after they allegedly slept together, and claimed she assumed the risk of getting herpes by having “casual, unprotected sexual intercourse and/or oral sex.”

Usher’s lawyer also objected to the alleged victim, who is known only as Jane Doe, using a pseudonym, claiming there was no cause for her to file the lawsuit in secret.

The woman initially sued for $10 million, but after a test showed she’d contracted the virus, she upped her bid to seek at least $20 million for emotional harm, medical bills and punitive damages.

The woman isn’t the only person to be suing the 38-year-old singer – who paid a woman $1.1 million in 2012 to settle a lawsuit after she claimed to have contracted herpes from him – for allegedly putting them at risk of having the sexually-transmitted disease.

Only one of his accusers has been publicly named, 21-year-old Quantasia Sharpton, and she recently claimed she took action against the ‘Confessions’ singer for not disclosing that he allegedly had the infection because she felt her “rights were violated”.

She said: “I had a child a year ago, and I knew I was negative. But I contacted [lawyer] Lisa Bloom to find out what my rights are as a woman.

“Although I am negative, I am upset by the reports because I never would have consented, if I would have known. I would not have taken a risk of getting an incurable disease.

“My health is very important to me, now that I am a mother. I feel that my rights were violated.

“I am speaking out today on behalf of myself and others, some of whom are positive and are embarrassed to speak out publicly. I am doing this so that he does not do this to anyone else.”

And the woman urged Usher to speak out and confirm whether or not he has the condition.

She added: “Usher, if you are negative, please say so. If you are positive, you need to warn your sex partners, so that they can make their own informed decisions.”

1. Avatar ggachichio March 9th, 2013 at 8:39 am

the two gentlemen should shake hands. Both of them are strong. Thanks to Uhuru there is no re-run. May their speeches enhance peace.

2. Avatar Echi Nwogu March 9th, 2013 at 8:58 am

CONGRATULATIONS UHURU. IT’S BEEN A LONG BATTLE. NOW DO YOUR FATHER PROUD BY TAKING KENYA TO NEW HEIGHTS. THE BATTLES FOR INDEPENDENCE YOUR FATHER FOUGHT MUST BEAR GREATER DIVIDENDS NOW.

3. Avatar Echi Nwogu March 9th, 2013 at 9:01 am

Oddinga is the man of the moment. He holds the key to law and order. he will not be twice lucky if mayhem is let loose because of the jut release

4. Avatar Kwessi Pratt March 9th, 2013 at 9:57 am

Outgoing PM Raila should now swiftly concede defeat and let the country move forward. He should now embark on lowering temperatures. Perhaps, he and his former running mate should now go to UN to plead for ICC cases to be discarded. That way, Kenyans will be very proud of them indeed! President elect Uhuru Kenyatta should also show leadership by tasking the two individuals with that job of trying to withdraw ICC cases. Kenya has been grounded for far too long to allow pity issues to cloud our vision! All the same, huge congratulations to Jubilee folks!!!!

5. Avatar Jonathan Zephania March 9th, 2013 at 10:09 am

Congratulation Kenyans for peaceful decision on presidence, please accept the results and come together as one nation. GOD BLESS YOU ALL, GOD BLESS UHURU KENYATTA AND OTHER NEWLY ELECTED LEADERS.

6. Avatar Joe Wachira March 9th, 2013 at 12:08 pm

after much has been said and done,mich has been said than done,congratulations Mr president Uhuru as you endeavour to do more

7. Avatar Bonk3 March 9th, 2013 at 12:28 pm

I hope Nyong’o does not get a chance to talk in the media at the coming press conference called by Cord leaders.

8. Avatar Arafat Gichia March 9th, 2013 at 1:59 pm

Congratulation to all voters.It’s time we see who want the best for Kenyans as Railla Odinga said.Come together and and make kenyans proud by helping Kenyatta build the Nation.Show the citizens that they did not waist their time waking up early morning for nothing.Show the world that (YES WE CAN)…….

9. Avatar mohamed ahmedshir abdiwali March 9th, 2013 at 9:35 pm

Conguratulations mr president and the many kenyans who voted for or against you, their kept peace, and the nation. To the loosers, who have perfected the art of refusing defeat they should go home gracefully and let kenyans continue with their peace. It is not possible that senators, governors, mps and county reps were not rigged and only the presidential elections were rigged. Let them be reminded that Uhuru won the presidential debate too and nobody went to court to challenge the obvious.