Together with Dr Rachel Edwards-Stuart and ‘Eat Well, Sleep Well’ ambassador for Simba, Lily Soutter, the creators of the world’s best mattresses have developed the Dream Food Recipe series; a three-course menu that’s scientifically proven to help you drift off to sleep.
Here’s the Recipe for a Starter.
Mackerel, Kiwi Fruit, Spinach and Black Olives
Ingredients – serves 2
• 1 Pack smoked mackerel fillets
• 1 Bag baby spinach leaves
• 1 Kiwi
• 50g Pitted black kalamata olives
• Extra virgin olive oil
• A wedge of lemon
• Sea salt
1. Preheat the oven to a low heat (80°C)
2. Roughly chop the olives, and place in the oven on a tray for 30 minutes to slightly dry them and intensify their flavour.
3. Place the mackerel on a small baking tray, skin-side-up and warm in the oven for 10 minutes
4. Peel the kiwi and cut into thin slices. Dress the spinach leaves with olive oil, a squeeze of lemon and a little salt. Remove mackerel from the oven.
5. Arrange the kiwi, black olives and spinach salad on a plate and place the smoked mackerel fillet on top.