One of my earliest memories of aloe vera involves my mother trying to calm me down enough for her to gently apply the cool ointment on a wound. It never lacked in our little first aid box and I learnt to treasure its healing properties.
In moments where we didn’t have a bottle close by, she’d go out into the garden, break off a section from an aloe plant and applying the gel directly to my wound.
Fast forward to present day and I think she’d be happy to know just how often I reach for this natural gel for various beauty reasons.
Beauty Benefits of Using Aloe Vera
Here are some ways you can include this green, slightly gooey ointment in your beauty regimen!
- Cooling Lotion – If you’ve ever had a wax before then you’re all too familiar with the hot sensation that ensues. Trust me when I say you’ll be thanking Mother Nature for providing this cooling gel to help with that!
- Acne Control – This natural gel has great anti-inflammatory properties that would help with breakouts. It soothes and heals any inflamed areas – all you have to do is apply a small amount to the affected areas right after washing your face.
- Sunburn – If you’re headed to a beach soon and foresee a lot of basking in the sun or heavy pool time, try carrying a bottle of this miracle gel. Not only will it will protect your skin from any damage but it will also act as a moisturizer and help your skin heal in case of any sunburn. You’ll thank me later!
- Face Mask – Want a homemade mask with ingredients that have been used in various beauty treatments for hundreds of years? Mix some aloe vera, turmeric, honey, milk and rose water into a paste and apply to your face. Wash off after 10-15 minutes and watch your skin glow and heal!
- Healthy Hair – Having issues with dandruff or an itchy scalp? Adding some aloe vera (or looking for hair products with this ingredient) will help rejuvenate your hair and give it more elasticity. It will also help cool your scalp if you’ve been scratching heavily.