Kenya Red Cross Society launched its new mobile app on Wednesday.
The mobile application, which is available on Android and iOS platforms, is an initiative that demonstrates their positioning and diligence as one of the leading national societies in Africa using innovation and technology to address humanitarian needs and mobilise humanity into the 21st century.
This platform, a first of its kind, will streamline membership and volunteer enrollment worldwide, facilitate emergency management locally and globally, improve communications within and across national societies, increase member and volunteer engagement, build communities of members and volunteers; and most importantly provide real-time life saving information or assistance during an emergency or crisis.
The development of this application is an important milestone for the Kenya Red Cross Society who will lead the global Red Cross fraternity as the first National Society to launch this application.
The KRCS app will link you both with the organization and with other app users from around the world.
Through this app you can:
– Receive emergency alerts
– Call an ambulance (Emergency medical services – Eplus- Ambulance)
– Donate blood and or sign up to become a blood donor to help save lives
– Get instant information and news about KRCS, its activities, as well as comment and send feedback
– Apply for membership to the Society, open to everyone
– Enroll in, as well as get, information on courses offered by KRCS Training school
– Get updates on current events
– Be informed about specific projects carried out by KRCS
– Buy KRCS merchandise
– Book a room at any of the Boma Hotels in Kenya
– Sign up to become a volunteer for KRCS and engage in various organizational activities