My newest hobby is watching TED talks from morning till evening which is a little erm… dangerous because when I start watching the talks I forget about everything else. Watching one last talk turns into 10 talks later and before I know it I’m lagging behind in everything else. It is usually all worth it though considering each talk leaves me enlightened, inspired and a little smarter. Almost like I just stepped out of the lecture hall.
Ted talks cover all sorts of topics given by people who have vast knowledge on those topics. The talks tackle issues that affect our daily lives such as money, sex, identity, sustainability, health and medicine, food, lifestyle, activism, culture, innovation among others which are are all worth spreading.
I have lined up a few Ted talks that I think are easy to listen to and have important messages that you can take with you on the remaining three hundred and something days. Since we are still fresh into the year, I picked talks that will help you have a better relationship with yourself, money, life and any significant person in your life. I hope they will leave you a little inspired to give this year your best shot.
1. How to know your life purpose in 5 minutes by Adam Leipzig
2. Why I read a book a day (and why you should too): the law of 33% by Tai Lopez
3. The art of being yourself by Milton Keynes
4. The person you really need to marry by Tracy McMillan
5. Monogamish: The new rules of marriage by Jessica O’Reilly
6. The sex-starved marriage by Michele Weiner-Davis
7. One Life-Changing Class You Never Took by Alexa von Tobel
8. A rich life with less stuff by The Minimalists