Here is a quick, easy and economical way to keep your fabrics soft and fresh …
Start by making your own fabric softener crystals. Just take some epsom salts and mix in a few drops of your favourite essential oil.
- Now to make liquid softener, take half a cup of the crystals and blend well in a cup of warm water, until the crystals dissolve.
- Take a large bowl and put in one cup baking soda plus eight cups water, leaving enough space in the bowl so you can swirl the mix around.
- Then, very slowly, add six cups of white distilled vinegar, having warmed the vinegar in a microwave for a few minutes which will help the baking soda to dissolve quicker. Stir up these two ingredients.
- Now add those fabric softener crystals and water to the big bowl. Cover and shake well. The ingredients will always separate, so shake before each use.
- Use about half a cup per load of laundry. Enjoy the softness and fresh scent!