, hormonal fluctuations, fatigue and nausea might zap your sexual desire. As your pregnancy progresses, weight gain, back pain and other symptoms might further dampen your enthusiasm for sex.
But if your husband and you are in the mood, by all means – get it on.
Clinicians say that as long as your pregnancy is proceeding normally, you can have sex as often as you like.
However there are a few things to keep in mind:
– sex during pregnancy may not be safe for women with a history of repeated miscarriages, bleeding, or issues with their cervix
– women with placenta previa are at risk of hemorrhaging if they have sex during pregnancy
– women with premature rupture of membranes should also avoid sex during pregnancy
– if you have bleeding or foul-smelling discharge after sex during pregnancy, the discharge may be a sign of an infection that can travel upward to the uterus, and bleeding may be a sign of a problem in general
– pregnant women should also be aware that if their partner has an STD, they still need to use a barrier method of contraception
With the above in mind, and if you’re ready to give pregnant sex a try, figuring out pregnancy sex positions will require some creativity, a sense of humor, and often lots of pillows. It may also mean abandoning penetration if it isn’t working, and finding other ways to please each other, and please yourself.
Here are the top 3 sex positions during pregnancy:
As a woman grows, the traditional man-on-top position is more uncomfortable for pregnant women. Spooning isn’t just getting cuddly with your partner, but this position will promote a special intimate bond. Also, your partner will have more opportunities to positioning themselves for penetration when you’re side-by-side.
ON A CHAIR or EDGE OF BED
You sit on the chair and let him kneel in front of you. Ideally, make the chair a little higher than your guy, so he’s pushing up instead of right on the tummy.
WOMAN ON TOP
Since this position completely keeps the belly out of the way, pregnant women often favour this position.