Want to tone, get in shape or lose weight without breaking a sweat? Hop in the pool for some Aqua-fit! This fun water workout burns mega calories and tones every trouble spot as it engages every muscle in your body!
Contrary to popular belief, Aqua-fit is not only for people who have suffered injuries or are senior citizens thanks to its low impact workout. This water workout burns tons of calories but feels like play, which makes strenuous workouts for athletic individuals still fun and effective.
According to Greg Moe, a master trainer for Rough-Fit outdoor fitness programs in Tustin, California, “Treading water vigorously can zap 11 calories a minute, same as a six-mile-per-hour run.”
With the release of gravity the body is able to find the optimum stretch in the pool through Aqua-fit.
Here are 5 reasons why you should give Aqua-fit a try:
- The rhythm of the breath gives an inner sense of relaxation
- Tones muscles whilst relieving tensions and renewing energy
- Water gives lightness to the body and frees the spinal vertebrae, rotates joint articulations, elongates muscles
- Standing and exercising in shoulder-depth warm water will allow for increased blood flow to joints, tendons, muscles, ligaments
- Total body movement while challenging balance and facilitating core strength and stability thanks to water’s resistance