The best relationships and marriages happen when the two people in it are best friends.
1. A best friend is loyal, so there will be no issues of unfaithfulness. No one betrays a true best friend no matter how tough things get, no matter what anyone else has to offer.
2. A best friend knows your good and bad and still loves you. You need to be loved for who you are while you still live on Earth.
3. A best friend will never bore you. In fact, you two will look forward to spending time together. There will be no need to beg for attention, or coming home late or avoiding you. You are so used to and dependent on each other’s company.
4. A best friend will have your back and look out for you. You are in safe hands.
5. A best friend will still value you when sex is not the agenda. He/she is not in it merely for sex but companionship.
6. A best friend will treat you as an equal. There will be no battle of the genders or issues of a man’s role versus a woman’s role. There will be mutual respect between man and woman.
7. A best friend will stay with you because he/she needs you and knows you need him/her.
8. A best friend will be comfortable to do silly things with you, laugh with you, be free with you, be a clown with you; no pretending. You need laughter in love.
9. A best friend will be honest with you, no sugar coating, no secrets. He or she will tell you the truth whether it’s hard to accept or not, he or she will confront you without beating around the bush. Honesty makes love real and makes it grow.
10. A best friend will make you the priority, no other human will come between you two. You will not need to run to another or feel you can open up to another better than you open up to your spouse.
11. A best friend will be more interested with the the function of friendship than the title of husband or wife. A title is easy to take away, but a true best friend bond is hard to destroy. He/she will hold on to you through the storms, the title is a matter of formality. Because he functions well as a bestfriend, he will make a great husband; because she functions well as a best friend; she will make a great wife.
12. A best friend ends up being the best spouse in bed. The sweetest love making happens when there is closeness outside the bed. A best friend will know everything about you, including your body, your heart beat, your mood, your eyes, your reasons.
13. A best friend is at the top of the hierarchy of all your friends. Your friends will surround and support you two. You will not need to worry about your friends stealing your spouse or interfering when you two are firmly placed at the top.
14. A best friend will make loving easy. No rules, no boundaries, no complications, no rigidness. This is the person who knows you better than anyone else, no walls between you two.
15. A best friend is hard to leave because no one knows you and understands you better, this is as good as it gets. If you both leave each other, where will you go when the best is when you two are best friends married to each other?