After a whirlwind of voting, judging and evaluating, Taste Awards concluded with a finale billed the “OSCARS OF THE KENYAN FOODIE & ENTERTAINMENT SCENE” on Monday. A spectacular evening of celebration, cocktails and entertainment. The gala night was held at the five-star dusitD2 Hotel at 14 Riverside with an innovative canapé menu created especially by Executive Chef Anton Gasnier.
MC for the evening was none other than CNBC Anchor Bonney Tunya. Guests of note who graced the ceremony included: Capital Group Chairman, Chris Kirubi, Jeff Baker, Executive Chef Capital Club East Africa, Andre Beyers, Nederberg-Distell, Denis Ochanine, MD, Pernod Ricard Kenya, Lynda Nyangweso, Kamal Kaur, Somoina Kimojino, Martin Keino, Sasha Mutai and Sauti Sol among others.
In the true Kenyan spirit, Nederberg Brand Ambassador, Eric Wainaina, took to the stage to celebrate all the nights’ winners with his celebrated single, ‘Daima Mkenya’, getting everyone in a patriotic mood.
Big winners of the night were Brew Bistro who bagged 5 awards in total, other key winners included;
- Industry Champion, Martin Dunford, Chairman Tamarind Group, presented by Shreya Karia, Taste Co-Founder
- Chef of the Year, Doxis Berkris, Fairmont Norfolk, presented by Jeff Baker of Capital Club and Andre Beyers of Distell
- Junior Chef of the Year, Lesiamon Sempele, presented by Ronak Popat of Ramtons
- Gold Excellent Bar List, presented by Sheila Mwanyigha, of NTV and Denis Ochanine MD Pernod Ricard Kenya
- Best Wine List, presented by Andre Beyer of Nederberg-Distell.
Here is the FULL list of all the winners: