Ecotourism Kenya has opened the call for nominations for the 10th edition of the Eco Warrior Awards for Excellence and Exceptional Innovations in Responsible Tourism. Tourism initiatives from within Kenya that enhance social-cultural, economic and ecological sustainability in their operations are encouraged to apply before 7th August 2015.
The Eco Warrior Award is aimed at motivating winning ventures/ operations and industry at large to embrace practices that are ecologically and ethically sustainable in order to compete with the best in the world. The overall goal is to transform destination Kenya to a sustainable tourism destination.
The Awards will be awarded to the following categories:
- 2015 Private Conservancy of the Year Award
- 2015 Community Conservancy of the Year Award
- 2015 Eco-rated Lodge of the Year Award
- 2015 Eco-rated Tented Camp of the Year Award
- 2015 Eco-rated Villa of the Year Award
- 2015 Eco-rated Hotel/Serviced apartment of the Year Award
- 2015 Travel/Tour Operator of the Year Award
- 2015 Airline of the Year Award
- 2015 Ecotourism Community Owned Enterprise of the Year Award
- 2015 Ecotourism Training Institution of the Year Award
The 10th Eco Warrior Awards winners will be announced on 16th October 2015 in Diani, South Coast, Kenya. For the second consecutive year, the Awards ceremony will be held in collaboration with Kenya Tourism Board (KTB). The Awards will be preceded by a three days Magical Kenya Travel Expo (MKTE 2015) whose shared theme with the award is: Sustainable Tourism: Keeping the Magic Alive! Recognizing and celebrating the Eco Warrior Awards winners at the climax of the MKTExpo 2015 will leave no doubts that Kenya is indeed geared to becoming a leading destination in sustainable tourism.