#WeirdNews: Watermelon toast sells for Sh9,850 a loaf

Watermelon toast

Toast that looks like watermelon is being sold for $100 a loaf in Taiwan.

Jimmy’s Bakery in Yilan County is selling out of the bread that has been baked to look identical to the colourful square fruit, including a green crust, yellow middle and black seeds.

Customers have been queuing in their hundreds to get their hands on a loaf.

According to CCTV News, the bakery is making around 100 loaves a day and can’t keep up with demand for the watermelon toast.

The store has even resorted to employing a doorman for crowd control.

Watermelon toast 3 Watermelon toast 2

1. Avatar Kenchizi October 17th, 2011 at 9:48 am

Read the story and it’s really sad how cold blooded Chinese mofos are!! I have the video link for the accident and it’s really inhumane how it happened! really sad!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iksRua9-UmM

2. Avatar barb October 17th, 2011 at 12:21 pm

This is the most horrifying thing I have yet to see in my life… sick people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Avatar Susan Wong October 17th, 2011 at 12:30 pm

Not all Chinese are “mofos” as Kenchizi has stated below.  However, there is something very wrong with Chinese culture, I would know since I am proudly Chinese-Canadian.

Unfortunately, primarily due to retarded laws in China that suggest anyone that gets involved in an accident may have some wrongdoing…really scares the shiets out of people.  Inevitably, the Chinese have been taught and conditioned to mind their own business, or else…

It’s truly sick and saddening to see this happen.  I encourage everyone, not only the Chinese, to never turn away from an opportunity to help someone.

If one of the bystanders in this case, had just stood in front of the child and called for help, the child would most likely never have been run over again.

1. Avatar Alex Core October 19th, 2011 at 5:20 am

if there is Filipino there, i’l bet they will fight for that’s baby’s right-her right to life- even if they die.

4. Avatar Maddgrassix October 17th, 2011 at 1:52 pm

Not in afriqa!!! Why we love Afriqa, we got hearts, big hearts esp for helpless kids. We must care for the future!

5. Avatar Alexis October 18th, 2011 at 9:28 am

This story is horrific beyond words. Poor girl. I have read that in
    China, couples dont really want to have girls as children. They kill
    baby girls in China. I am starting to think that the mother’s negligence
    was deliberate…  🙁 Sad, but I hope I am wrong…

6. Avatar Mwangi October 18th, 2011 at 9:29 am

Its sickening to see how the world has become.Its small child,it does not even matter even if it was an 80yr old man or woman humanity is when you take care of your neighbor as your brother or sister irrespective of the consequences.

That’s why we are proudly Kenyan we may not be very developed but if that child was on our streets by the time passerby’s saw what had happened to the little girl she would be in somebody’s car been rushed to hospital at breakneck speed.

7. Avatar Alexis October 18th, 2011 at 9:33 am

This story is horrific beyond words. Poor girl. I have read that in
    China, couples dont really want to have girls as children. They kill
    baby girls in China. I am starting to think that the mother’s negligence
    was deliberate…  🙁 Sad, but I hope I am wrong…

8. Avatar Kanyikanyee October 18th, 2011 at 2:33 pm

AND THEY CALL THEM SELVES HUMAN? sad!sad!sad!