There’s nothing like a freshly done, home manicure to start your week off. I mean, can you think of anything better to do on a quiet Sunday evening than treat yourself to a little pamper session? No? Neither can we.
For those who are trying to perfect their home manicures and are still looking for ways to have them lasting even longer, here are some tips to consider:
- If you want to make sure your nails are oil-free, try using a cotton bud dipped in white vinegar. This will help remove any natural oil build up.
- Contrary to popular belief, trimming all your cuticles off isn’t a good idea because believe it or not, they’re there for a reason (to protect your nails from infections etc). But, if you can’t resist the urge, then at the very most gently push them back.
- Avoid shaking your nail polish as it will lead to air bubbles which in turn affects application. Instead, just roll it between your fingers.
- If you want to keep your nails from chipping, reapply the top coat every two to three days.
- Where possible, avoid doing the dishes or any heavy duty, chip-inducing activities. But if you must, consider wearing gloves to keep your hands protected.