“You know why it’s hard to be happy? It’s because we refuse to let go of the things that make us sad.” This is part of the story of my life. See, sometimes I let my life get consumed with worry. I worry about bills, about life, about the future, about my career, about my relationships, about my health, about … you get the idea, I worry a lot! to the point where I wear myself out with my own worries and that too worries me.
I will admit that I’m the type of person who when things don’t work out the way I expect them to I turn into “Negative Nancy” and I will beat myself up about it. But I have come to realize that that sort of thinking will never help make things better in fact it works in the reverse. I also realize that Worry is one of those things that will make you unhappy and when you are unhappy you welcome burnout in your life and when you reach burnout you waste quite a chunk of your precious life. And so I have devised a way to not give my creator a chance to ask Himself why he spared me instead of someone else who perhaps deserved to live longer.
Paulo Coelho said it best when he said”Jealousy can ruin your day”. Therefore, you should keep in mind the vices that can ruin your day will make you unhappy in the end. Whether you are a procrastinator, a perfectionist, a glass half-empty kind of person…those may be the reasons you are unhappy. Find out what else may be keeping your happiness at bay.
1. You worry too much hence you do not allow yourself to be happy.
2.You do not love yourself and you keep comparing yourself to others.
3. You hold onto the perceived idea of control.
4. You’re a perfectionist.
5. You hold grudges.
6. You believe everyone should play by your rules.
7. You choose to be happy only when all of your dreams come true.
8. You are a glass-half-empty person.
9. You are lonely and have no real friends and while at it you have neglected your personal relationships.
10. You seek materialism over everything else in life.
11. You don’t make time for the right things. You forget that when you stop chasing the wrong things is when you give the right things a chance to catch you.
12. You hang out with unhappy people.
13. You haven’t discovered your purpose.
14. You are more of an actor than an author.
15. You’re stuck in your past forgetting that you cannot start the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading your last one.”
16. You keep thinking about your future and can’t enjoy today.
17. You’re unhealthy.
18. You’re afraid of failure.
19. You’re insecure.
20. You’re deep in debt! and “a man in debt is so far a slave” said Ralph Waldo Emerson.
21. You seek validation and you care too much about what others think.
22. You are a procrastinator!
23. You refuse to learn.
24. You have unrealized dreams.
25. You’re either bored with life or you hate your job or you are too busy or you don’t take time to relax or you don’t sleep enough.
26. You don’t spend enough time alone.
27. You’re dependent which sort of makes you a slave!
28. You don’t think you deserve happiness.
29. You ignore opportunities.
30. You’re complacent.
31. You chase the wrong things.
32. You don’t take risks.
33. You’re impatient.
34. You don’t learn from your mistakes.
35. You equate comfort with happiness.
36.You play the victim card.