I had the pleasure of sitting down once again with the award winning blogger and fitness guru, Jane Mukami, to get some tips on how to stay motivated when it comes to hitting the gym.
You might remember the last set of tips she shared with us on how to get the perfect pre- and post-holiday body and if not, click here to jog your memory.
If you’re anything like me, then sometimes the idea of workout seems like a mountain of a task. Mukami shares her tips on how to stay motivated and keep on track with your fitness goals:
- Make it a priority. You have to commit to doing it if you really care about your health and fitness goals.
- Consciously schedule time. Pick a time that works for you and just like a meeting, make sure you commit to it. If mornings don’t work for you possibly because you have to get your kids ready or leave for work pretty early, then go for the evenings.
- Do what it takes. Enough with the excuses – if it means waking up at 4AM or not getting home till 8PM because you’ve got to hit the gym, then do it! Your body will thank you later.
- Set your goals and share them with friends. The fact that they’re aware of what you set as your goals will make sure will keep you on your toes. There’s nothing wrong with a little added pressure will keep you on track.
- Have a person who keeps you accountable. Support will make sure you stick to your goals and stay focused. If you find that you require that extra push, then ask a friend to occasionally call and check on you or, even better, join you while you workout.