Can you remember a time when YouTube did not exist? No? Neither do I.
Despite the fact that YouTube was only created in 2005, it’s become one of the largest content sharing platforms in the world.
Avid readers would remember the article we wrote on Psy’s Gangnam Style video which broke YouTube’s counter. Unbelievably, Gangnam Style had reached the maximum number of views that YouTube’s counter had imagined to be conceivable. It’s no surprise his video still tops this list.
Notably, the list comprises mostly of music videos with American singers making up the majority. Here are the top 20 most viewed videos on YouTube – a list that excludes any of the videos that people suspect have been doctored.
- Gangnam Style – Psy: 2,328,854,010
- Baby – Justin Bieber ft Ludacris: 1,165,081,199
- Dark Horse – Katy Perry ft Juicy J: 943,924,295
- Roar – Katy Perry: 914,345,295
- Party Rock Anthem – LMFAO ft Lauren Bennett and GoonRock: 867,072,176
- Love The Way You Lie – Eminem ft Rihanna: 860,523,698
- Bailando – Enrique Iglesias ft Descemer Bueno & Gente De Zona
- Waka Waka (This Time for Africa) – Shakira ft Freshlyground: 849, 810,163
- Gentleman – Psy: 833,722,628
- On The Floor – Jennifer Lopez ft Pitbull: 830,087,332
- Blank Space – Taylor Swift: 834,045,023
- Charlie Bit My Finger – Again – Harry and Charlie Davis-Carr: 819,693,455
- All About That Bass – Meghan Trainor: 808,572,298
- Shake It Off – Taylor Swift: 789,408,472
- Counting Stars – OneRepublic: 782,783,864
- Wrecking Ball – Miley Cyrus: 766,982,461
- Chandelier – Sia: 713,911,924
- Thrift Shop – Macklemore & Rhyan Louis ft. Wanz: 703,439,447
- Call Me Maybe – Carley Rae Jepsen: 678,427,661
- Propuesta Indecent – Romeo Santos: 676,378,835