(By Melanie Chisnall) We don’t need a personal trainer to get in shape or to lose a bit of extra weight. Here are five effective (and cheap!) ways to follow your fitness goals…
Unfortunately, when it comes to getting fit or losing a bit of extra weight, not all of us can afford the benefits of a personal trainer.
The reality is, we can do a lot on our own to get in shape, get healthy and lose extra weight.
Tips to help you get fitness results – without a trainer
- Make Sundays meal prep days. It’s no good working out when you aren’t eating properly, or buying unhealthy ready-made food because there’s no time to cook. Block off two hours on a Sunday and chop, cook and prep your meals for the week ahead.
- Download a free workout app onto your phone. There are plenty to choose from, including Strava, MyFitnessPal, and RunKeeper. These will help keep you motivated and on track towards your fitness goals.
- Invest in a foam roller. They’re inexpensive (you can get them at Mr. Price Sport), and they’re amazing for helping to minimise post-workout soreness and keep you injury-free.
- Skip your way slim. You can get in a quick, sweaty cardio session no matter where you are…with just a skipping rope.
- Save time with HIIT sessions. If you’re really short on time for workouts during the week, focus on HIIT (high intensity interval training) workouts. These are quick and intense, so expect to sweat!