TripAdvisor, the world’s largest travel site, announced the winners of its Travelers’ Choice™ awards for Hotels earlier in January, with Medina Palms emerging as the Best Hotel in Kenya.
Chad Shiver, Destination Head for Africa of TripAdvisor and Muriithi Ndegwa, MD of Kenya Tourist Board, were on hand Sunday to finally present the prestigious award to Medina Palms – a boutique hotel that offers luxury accommodation in a 5-star setting on the idyllic shores of Watamu, Kenya.
The Top 10 Travelers’ Choice Hotels in Kenya included:
1. Medina Palms – Watamu, Kenya
2. Fairmont Mara Safari Club – Maasai Mara National Reserve, Kenya
3. Lantana Galu Beach – Diani Beach, Kenya
4. Sarova Mara Game Camp – Maasai Mara National Reserve, Kenya
5. Ocean Beach Resort & Spa – Malindi, Kenya
6. Kilili Baharini Resort & Spa – Malindi, Kenya
7. Pinewood Beach Resort & Spa – Ukunda, Kenya
8. Fairmont Mount Kenya Safari Club – Nanyuki, Kenya
9. The Baobab – Baobab Beach Reasort & Spa – Diani Beach, Kenya
10. The Boma Nairobi – Nairobi, Kenya
The 13th annual awards showcased 8,151 winning properties worldwide, covering eight regions around the globe. Travelers’ Choice award winners were determined based on the millions of reviews and opinions collected in a single year from TripAdvisor travelers worldwide. The hallmarks of Travelers’ Choice winners are remarkable service, quality and value.