Successful sleep is when you wake up feeling fresh, energetic and like you are not carrying a bag of cement on your shoulders. Having a good night’s sleep is very essential for maintaining overall good health. When we sleep, our bodies gets time to rest and recharge and it is during that resting time that our bodies go through a deep healing process. Therefore, a good night’s sleep will affect our awareness, memory and coordination which make us function properly throughout the day. Lack of sleep is detrimental to our health as performing these daily tasks whether at work, school or even at home may become harder for our bodies to handle effectively.
Lack of sleep overworks your brain as it does not receive the necessary rest period it requires which may in turn lead to possible weight gain, possible grumpiness, lack of concentration hence possible road accidents and puffy, tired eyes making you look not so attractive.
You need 7-8 hours of sleep every night and if you find it difficult to sleep, you could try the following tips to get you there.
1) Have a consistent sleeping schedule.
2) Avoid doing any “mentally stimulating” activities while settling down.
3) Have quality “me time” to relax before bed.
4) Avoid eating anything for 3 to 4 hours before going to bed.
5) Avoid drinking or eating anything with caffeine at least 4 to 6 hours before your bedtime.
6) Avoid alcoholic drinks before bed.
7) Avoid taking long naps during the day.
8) Exercise regularly.
9) Ensure you get much needed sunlight.
10) Set up a relaxing atmosphere in your bedroom away from noise with soothing colors and even wall hangings.
11) Ensure you lay on clean bedding and invest in comfortable bedding (like silk sheets if you can afford and are not allergic).
12) Invest in some chamomile tea.
13) Get a sleep mask
It is said that sufficient sleep makes you attractive, so do whatever it is you can to get the good looks that you deserve! 😉