Here are 10 things you would only understand about the John Legend concert in Johannesburg if you were attending:
- A Whatsapp group is mandatory if you have a bunch of excited John Legend fans ready to take in all of his
good looksmusical glory.
- The topic of whether to wear boots, wellies, heels or flats to the concert is one that gets a lot more focus than you’d imagine. Understandably.
- It takes a single “Only … more days to the trip!!!” message from a friend in the morning to get you out of bed. Coffee Shmoffee, ain’t nobody got time for that.
- Changing all your profile pictures on every single social media platform to that of John Legend is OK.
- Listening to previous John Legend albums is an integral part of your pre-concert prep. No one wants to be the guy in the crowd who mumbles through the song that everybody else seems to know perfectly. No one.
- The endless use of exclamation marks in any statement referring to the concert, John Legend or South Africa is acceptable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- The idea of missing any other Capital FM and DSTV Kenya collaborations is unfathomable – hence the new savings account you opened that will help allow you to attend the next one with ease. Especially if it could possibly involve Beyonce, Justin Timberlake or Chris Brown.
- No one will judge you for spending a good chunk of your time studying the floor plan of the stadium to try and see if there’s any chance you can find your way onto John Legend’s lap at one point during the concert.
- Revising your itinerary for the trip 217 times is totally fine.
- It’s never too early to pack (and re-pack) your suitcase.
And with that said: 5 days and counting!