By Melanie Chisnall
Ready to give that extra winter weight the chop? Slice 500 extra calories every day with these eight quick tips!
Give those calories the chop
You might not realise it, but there are literally dozens of simple, little ways you can cut calories every single day.
Especially if you’re on a mission to cut around 500 calories, and lose that extra bit of winter weight.
To make things a little easier, we’ve narrowed them down to just eight, take a look:
- Swap your on-the-go daily smoothie (that can easily pack 800 calories) for overnight oats most weekdays.
- Or, eat two boiled or poached eggs for breakfast. You’ll feel fuller till lunchtime and save around 400 calories.
- Save extra calories every time you indulge by choosing a treat smaller to the one you had in mind.
- Eat supper off a side plate instead of the usual dinner plate.
- Fidget, walk around while you’re on the phone, and tap your feet during the day to burn extra calories.
- Stop eating on the couch and trade your hour of TV time for a walk instead. You could save up to 527 calories by doing this alone!
- Stick to one cup of pasta for main meals, and avoid ordering pasta when eating out; these are normally well over 1 000 calories!
- Leave 25% of your supper on your plate, put it into a lunch box, and enjoy with a homemade salad the next day.