Kendall and Kylie Jenner have been named on Time magazine’s most influential teens of 2014.
The ‘Keeping Up with the Kardashians’ stars were listed alongside inspirational youngsters such as a 14-year-old transgender activist Jazz Jennings and Malala Yousafzai, 17, the youngest-ever recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize.
The siblings’ achievements are described in the publication, which states: “Together, the ‘Keeping Up With the Kardashians’ co-stars hosted red-carpet events, released clothing and nail polish lines and even published a dystopian young-adult novel this past summer (though yes, they had some help).
“But they’ve had solo success too – Kendall with modelling (she’s walked the runway for designers like Marc Jacobs) and Kylie with pseudo-entrepreneurship (she’s launching a line of hair extensions and hopes to get into acting). Next up: a multimillion-dollar mobile game?”
The sisters were joined on the list by Kylie’s rumoured former fling Jaden Smith – the 16-year-old son of Will and Jada Pinkett-Smith – who is recognised partly for his “Twitter musings”.
The magazine states: “His real legacy may well be his Twitter musings, which are equal parts absurdist (‘Anything You See In Any Magazine Ever Is Fake.”) and insightful (‘Once You Witness A Cycle Enough Times You Step Out Of It.’), earning him more than five million followers and labels like, ‘Confucius for the Internet age.’
“One of Smith’s recent posts sums him up pretty well: ‘Hate Me Love Me Doesn’t Matter I’m Still Occupying Time Inside Of Your Psyche.’ (sic)”
Both the Jenner sisters and Jaden are in good company on the list as fellow stars including singer/songwriter Lorde, actress Chloë Grace Moretz – who is rumoured to be dating Brooklyn Beckham – and pop star Austin Mahone are also named as influential teens.
New Zealand-born Lorde, 17, is praised for being “a force in music and pop culture” and for winning two Grammy Awards so early in her career.
Time magazine’s 25 Most Influential Teens of 2014:
1. Mo’ne Davis, 13, Baseball player
2. Sasha Obama, 13, and Malia Obama, 16
3. Kiernan Shipka, 14, Mad Men actress
4. Jazz Jennings, 14, Transgender activist
5. Flynn McGarry, 15, chef du jour
6. Erik Finman, 15, Founder of Botangle.com
7. Nash Grier, 16, Social media king
8. Rico Rodriguez, 16, Modern Family actor
9. Ciara Judge, 16, Émer Hickey, 17, and Sophie Healy-Thow, 17, Google Science Fair winners
10. Shawn Mendes, 16, Social media musician
11. Jaden Smith, 16, Confucius for the Internet age
12. Becky G, 17, Youtube musician
13. Salma Kakar, 17, Cycling star
14. Lorde, 17, Singer-songwriter
15. Lydia Ko, 17, Golf champion
16. Chloë Grace Moretz, 17, Movie actress
17. Kylie Jenner, 17, and Kendall Jenner, 18
18. Malala Yousafzai, 17, Youngest-ever recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize
19. Rachel Fox, 18, Reality Star turned day trader
20. Bethany Mota, 18, Fashion and beauty blogger
21. Joshua Wong, 18, Leader of Hong Kong civil disobedience movement
22. Austin Mahone, 18, Pop star
23. Tavi Gevinson, 18, Publisher of online magazine for teenage girls
24. Megan Grassell, 19, Bra designer
25. Troye Sivan, 19, Actor turned musician