The Kenya Fashion Awards, held this past Saturday at Alliance Francaise, Nairobi, announced the country’s top fashion influencers, designers and photographers.
The Awards was set up to honour those making significant contributions to the fashion industry and celebrated contributors from different fashion facets including models, designers, stylists, students and other influential personalities.
Winners from each category were either selected by the public through an online voting system or carefully chosen by a panel of judges which included Connie Aluoch, Odupoy Charity Namnyakova, Carol Odero, Tony Chiro and Radek Janik amongst others. Some of the attendees of the event, which was held in collaboration with Fashion One TV, included Ambassador Orie Rogo Manduli, Diana Opoti and Sheila Mwanyigha. A few designers were also able to showcase their pieces during the fashion show that was set up for the evening.
Kenya Fashion Awards Winners
- Up-coming Model of the Year – Juliet Kiruhi
- Up-coming Model of the Year – Steve Makoni
- Designer to Watch – Afrostreet Kollection
- Established Designer of the Year – Patricia Mbela of Poisa
- Up-coming fashion Stylist of the Year – Bryan Babu
- Established Fashion Stylist of the Year – Connie Aluoch
- Established Fashion Photographer of the Year – Emmanuel Jambo ( creativity, risk in fashion, quality, mentoring others)
- Special Recognition Award – Orie Rogo Manduli (Model Pioneer, African Fashion promoter)
- Students Designer of the Year – Achieng Omanga
- Media Fashion Personality of the Year – Carol Odero (The most established fashion writer, promoting fashion through writing for magazines, newspapers consistently, fashion supporter and promoter.)
- Up-coming Fashion Photographer of the Year – Byron Heenie