Plums are delicious and super healthy! Whether in their fresh state or in their dried version (prunes) they are packed with natural and health goodness.
Plum beauty tip: For glowing cheeks eat plums as they help spread freshness to your skin.
Here’s why you need to eat those plums like you are getting paid:
1. Plums contain Vitamin C which helps the body to counter inflammation and free radicals and also to develop resistance against infectious agents. Because of the Vitamin C plans and prunes can absorb iron in the body which improves blood circulation in the body hence preventing anaemia.
2. Plums and prunes are known to be effective natural laxatives as they can help maintain regular bowel movement. They are enriched with dietary fiber and helps in the digestion of food.
3. They are full of antioxidants.
–Beta carotenes which are known to protect you from different types of cancers especially oral cavity cancers.
–Anthocyanins which are known to prevent cell damaging.
4. Prunes contain vitamins and minerals that give you the total daily consumption of dietary fiber required by your body.
5. Plums = Healthy heart. They contain minerals like iron, fluoride and potassium which are needed for red blood cell formation. This helps moderate the heart rate and checks blood pressure.
6. For healthy eyes and perfect vision, plums are your friend. They contain a dietary fiber known as zea xanthin which protects the eye from harmful UV light.
7. Plums help maintain a healthy heart. They contain antioxidants that help get rid of free radicals which in turn help prevent cholesterol oxidation which if not checked may lead to numerous heart diseases.
8. Plums help to protect against macular degeneration. Eating plums daily can lower the risk of developing age related macular degeneration.
9. Want to lose some weight? Plums remove toxins and prevent constipation leading to natural weight loss. The fiber in plums also aids in proper digestion and good metabolism.
10. Plums contain citric acid which prevents tiredness and cramps. It also improves liver and gastrointestinal function.
11. Plums contain Vitamin K which gets rid of unnecessary blood clotting hence maintaining good blood pressure.
13. Plums are low in glycemic index (GI) which means it controls blood sugar level and reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes.
14. . Prunes have a good amount of folic acid and Calcium which contributes to the supply of folates essential for pregnant women and growth of the foetus.
15. Plums assist the body in making healthy tissues and strong immune system. They therefore help prevent colds and flu.