What do you do when you’re tired of the prospect of dating? Two good friends with opposite relationship problems found themselves single at the same time. As an experiment, they dated for 40 days.
Jessica Walsh is a designer. She is a hopeless romantic who jumps into relationships very quickly. Also a designer, Timothy Goodman is afraid of commitment & tends to date many girls at the same time.
Why 40 days? It’s been said that it takes 40 days to change a bad habit. In an attempt to explore and hopefully overcome their fears and inadequacies, Tim and Jessica will go through the motions of a relationship for the next 40 days: the commitment, time, companionship, joys and frustrations. Can they help each other, or will they fall into their same habits? Will they damage their friendship? What if they fall in love?
In order to focus on each other and the project, the two friends created a set of rules to follow.
- We will see each other every day for forty days.
- We will go on at least three dates a week.
- We will see a couples therapist once a week.
- We will go on one weekend trip together.
- We will fill out the daily questionnaire and document everything.
- We will not see, date, hookup, or have sex with anyone else.
Would you do it? How are the couple doing? Check out http://fortydaysofdating.com