Travel + Leisure magazine’s 18th annual World’s Best Awards 2013 crowned Botswana’s Mombo Camp and Little Mombo Camp as the word’s best hotel, surpassing luxury brands such as Four Seasons, Ritz-Carlton, Fairmont and The Peninsula.
Read more about Mombo Camp here
Voted by readers of Travel + Leisure, Mombo was awarded a top score of 96.6 out of 100, securing the coveted title, world’s best hotel.
Mombo comprises of 9 spacious tents with en suite bathrooms with both indoor and outdoor showers. Long verandas take full advantage of the sweeping views of the Moremi Game Reserve in the Okavango Delta.
Aside from offering luxury accommodations in the middle of the African plains, Mombo also implements a rhino conservation project that reintroduces black and white rhinos to the region.
Here are the top 10 hotels for 2013 according to readers of Travel + Leisure:
1. Mombo Camp and Little Camp, Moremi Game Reserve, Botswana
2. Castello di Casole, A Timbers Resort, Casole d’Elsa, Italy
3. Singita Kruger National Park, South Africa
4. Nayara Hotel, Spa & Gardens, La Fortuna-Arenal, Costa Rica
5. Four Seasons Resort, Bora Bora, French Polynesia
5. Ritz-Carlton, Berlin (tie)
5. The Lodge at Kauri Cliffs, North Island, New Zealand (tie)
6. The Oberoi Udaivilas, Udaipur, India
7. Sabi Sabi Private Game Reserve, Kruger National Park Area, South Africa
8. Singita Sabi Sand, Kruger National Park Area, South Africa