Looking for a great way to discover new places, challenge minds, improve time management, partake in team building and most of all, have lots of fun this Easter weekend with friends and family?
Enter: Motor Hunt on Easter Monday, 1st April 2013
A motor hunt is a fun competition where people team up and drive around using a set of clues that will lead them to the next clue until they reach the final destination.
Points are awarded for each clue identified, and the overall winner is the team that accumulates the most points.
If you’d like to register, entry fee is Kshs 1,000 per person and 500/- for children. Payments are made on the day of the event. Please send an email to:
email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org with your Full Name, Mobile Number and No. of Persons in your Team to reserve a spot.
FLAG OFF is at 9am at OZONE, Valley Arcade shopping centre.
For those who are new to motor hunts, here are a few pointers:
1. Ensure your driver has a valid driving license
2. Check your tyre pressure, oil, etc. beforehand
3. Please fuel the car
4. Come branded if you can – Brand your team!
5. Answers are visible from the car and in sequence. One clue leads to the next.
6. For Scavenger items (things you are to collect for extra points), collect as many as you can.
7. Check every answer carefully before you submit your clue sheet. Once you have clocked in, no changes or additions will be accepted.
8. Most of all come with a great attitude to have fun, fun and more fun.
ORGANIZERS WILL BE AWARDING 5 EXTRA POINTS TO THE FIRST 10 PEOPLE WHO REGISTER FOR THE FUNDRAISING MOTOR HUNT!
Remember, the more points you accumulate, the more chances you have of winning some of the amazing prizes.
Motoring for a good cause
Organizers hope to raise funds through car registration for Waithera Kabiru, a 37- year-old mother diagnosed with Stage 3 Breast Cancer.
Waithera underwent surgery recently and has been put on aggressive treatment which includes chemotherapy and radiation. Unfortunately, she has been tested positive for HER2, a hormone receptor that accelerates cancer growth. As a result, her doctors have recommended she starts a drug therapy called HERCLONE by Roche, which is a very expensive drug that retails at roughly Kshs 279,000 per dose in Kenya. Waithera needs 12 doses!
Waithera urgently requires approximately KES 2.6M to complete her cancer treatment so that she can be declared cancer free!
For more information about Waithera’s situation, please visit her official fundraising page.