Curtains come down on legendary Joy Bringers presenter

David Mutua Nthiwa, host of one of the greatest family programs to ever grace the Kenyan television – Joy Bringers and Sing and Shine produced by Karanja Kimwere on VOK (now KBC) is no more.

Mr. Nthiwa passed away on Monday, September 17, 2012, at 05:30a.m. at the Coptic Hospital.

Mr Nthiwa will be remembered as a pioneer christian broadcaster and musician and as chaplain of  Sacho high school, Kabarnet 1988-1995. As a pastor he worked for many years with Kenya Youth For Christ and he was currently pastoring at Mully Children’s Home.

But what many will remember him for was his role as the host of the Joy Bringers family programme that ran back in the 80s and 90s when KBC was still VOK. Many will remember the signature tune, Mr and Mrs Furaha with their  vw combi that brought in loads of exictement to kids everywhere and of course David’s commanding yet loving voice as he took charge of the program.

Mr. Nthiwa will be put to rest on September 29 at Kikambuani village, Kangundo Machakos County. May his soul rest in eternal peace.

1. Avatar Jimmy K. Mwangi September 20th, 2012 at 2:28 pm

Rest
    in peace man of God…You have run the race, you have fought the good
    fight and you have kept the faith and there is a crown waiting for
    you!!! RIP

2. Avatar Geoff M. Luyuku September 20th, 2012 at 2:51 pm

rest in peace,i was just thinking of this guy last week

3. Avatar Wanjugu September 20th, 2012 at 3:24 pm

Rest in Peace Mr. Nthiwa.

4. Avatar kathy September 20th, 2012 at 4:58 pm

may his soul rest in peace

5. Avatar wachira September 20th, 2012 at 8:20 pm

MAY OUR GOoD LORD REST YOUR SOUL IN ETERNAL PEace

6. Avatar bek1988 September 21st, 2012 at 2:22 pm

I really enjoyed Joy Bringers Family especially the signature tune “I’ll sing and shine in Canaan, land X2, I’m on my way to Canaan land, I’m on my way praise the Lord I am on my way…”

7. Avatar Moses September 21st, 2012 at 5:17 pm

RIP – you brought so much joy to me when i Was a young boy.

8. Avatar Josephine September 21st, 2012 at 7:11 pm

Will see you there. God comfort your family

9. Avatar Moses Prince September 22nd, 2012 at 8:04 pm

RIP _fond memories man of God! We shall meet in heaven to continue praising God!!!!

10. Avatar Mike September 23rd, 2012 at 4:25 pm

What a honor to have seen the marvel of Christ’s work in you. As a young boy, I grew up as his neighbor . Forever, RIP

11. Avatar Harriet Wangai September 24th, 2012 at 8:59 am

I grew up watching Sing and Shine. It was quite inspirational. RIP Mr. Nthiwa. Sincere condolences to the Family and loved ones.

12. Avatar edelquin September 24th, 2012 at 10:07 am

RIP.

13. Avatar Ann Siminta September 27th, 2012 at 9:45 am

RIP brother.

14. Avatar Francis Daniel September 27th, 2012 at 4:09 pm

rip mr nthiwa..you inspired me in my youth to follow xtian way. all for growly of God Amen.

15. Avatar Njonjo Ndehi September 27th, 2012 at 11:09 pm

RIP pastor. You’ll be missed.

16. Avatar lennicsport September 28th, 2012 at 11:59 am

r.i.p

17. Avatar mike September 28th, 2012 at 12:27 pm

really moving a life worth spent cant help bt rem those days where we used t glue ourselves on the TV waiting to watch the program…you touched many lives indeed…R.I.P

18. Avatar Elijah September 28th, 2012 at 4:37 pm

You played your role,we cherish the memories….fare thee well.

19. Avatar tim tam September 30th, 2012 at 3:34 pm

how sad! we who grew up in the eighties watched VOK sing and shine ,joy bringers! we believe your labour has followed you wherever you are