February 25, 2011 – For the month of March, we start off with a day trip to Hell’s Gate National Park..
Despite the Alarming title… Hell’s gate happens to be one of Kenya’s most panoramic parks and unique in that guests are allowed to walk or cycle with or without a guide in tow! The towering cliffs(Fischers tower), gouged gorges(Ol Njorowa), Stark rock towers, scrub clad volcanoes and views to die for make it totally worth a visit anyday!
Oh,and for those with a serious movie fetish.. Hell’s gate’s dramatic scenery didn’t go unnoticed by the moguls of Hollywood who then went ahead and used it as a backdrop for World acclaimed movies like ‘Born Free’, Queen of the jungle and my all time favourite ‘Tomb Raider II’(yeah,the one starring Angelina Jolie 😉
Anyway, here’s the itinerary for 5th March 2011..
WALKING ON THE WILD SIDE – HELLS GATE DAY TRIP 5TH MARCH 2011
v Assemble outside Stanchart-Kenyatta Avenue, in the city centre at 7am for your departure to Hells gate at exactly 7:15am
v Get to Hells gate at around 8.45am and drive into the Hell’s gate National Park with a brief stop over at the Fischer’s tower to marvel at this piece of art by Mother Nature then proceed to the amazing Ol Njorowa gorges for a very memorable walk up and down the gorges!
v Back to the Ol Njorowa picnic site for lunch and some picnic fun, before proceeding back to Nairobi after a fun filled day in the wild!
v Back to Nairobi by dusk
· Ksh 2,500 Per person for Kenyan Citizens
· Ksh 2,200 Per child and students with valid student ID(Kenyan citizens and under 18yrs)
· Ksh 2,700 for Kenyan Residents(with valid residency card)
· Ksh 4,200 for Non Residents
· Return transport to Nairobi
· Park entrance fees and guides
· A brief game drive in the evening before departure for Nairobi(If we finish our walk in good time)
· Lots and lots of fun and entertainment!
What to carry:
· Picnic lunch, Snacks and drinking water
· Comfortable walking gear(especially the shoes as the gorges can get a bit slippery)
· Entertainment Cds, Ipods and Board games
· Your ID, Residency Card or Student ID for the park entry
· An adventurous spirit ready to have lots of fun!
PAYMENT DETAILS: Kindly make full payments by the 3rd March 2011
1. Mpesa to 0722 637748
2. Zap to 0733 637748
3. Bank deposits to BUSH AND EVENTS AFRICA LTD, CO-OPERATIVE BANK-NBC BRANCH – ACC NO:01136127552000 (then you
scan-send the deposit slip to us)
4. Bring the cash directly to our office on No.19 Golf course, Off Mucai drive-Ngong Road
PS: Pass on the invite to as many of your friends as possible. The more, the merrier!!:-)