September 17, 2010 – Microsoft Corporation has launched its new search engine, Windows Internet Explorer 9. The company announced availability of its capitalfmnew version of the new Web browser.
The new browser delivers a fast, clean and trusted browsing experience mainly tailored to take full advantage of the Windows 7 operating system, placing the focus on the websites and applications that people really care about.
“Web browsing is one of the most popular everyday tasks for Microsoft Windows customers,” said Louis Otieno, General Manager, Microsoft, East and Southern Africa. “We’re proud to join our partners in releasing the capitalfmnew of Internet Explorer 9, delivering a more beautiful Web to Windows OS customers across the continent.”
Internet Explorer 9 takes advantage of the power of modern PC hardware to improve all-around Web browsing performance. It integrates with Windows 7 to deliver a clean visual experience and an increased viewing area, allowing sites to literally shine.
Windows 7’s simplicity and ease of discovery is reflected in IE9 so that website applications will look familiar to anyone who uses a Windows PC. The new key features include:
• Pinned Sites. With Pinned Sites, a user’s favourite websites can be accessed directly from the Windows Taskbar without having to first open the browser, making it quick and easy to view content.
• Jump Lists. Jump Lists offer a quick and easy way to get to common website task without having to first launch the browser.
• Tear-off tabs and Windows Aero Snap Tabs. Web users often need to use more than one website or page at a time to accomplish a task. Tearing off a tab by dragging it away from the browser and using Windows Aero Snap enable users to show two sites or pages side by side.
IE9 presents global businesses with new web-based opportunities.
It is also designed to be the most trusted browser because it has a robust set of built-in security, privacy, and reliability technologies that keep customers safer online:
• Download Manager with SmartScreen Filter integration. IE9 provides the first Download Manager with integrated SmartScreen malware protection and introduces SmartScreen download reputation. This means that downloads are subjected to Windows intelligence thus helping the user to make safer and more informed decision. Add-on Performance Advisor. Add-on Performance Advisor notifies users when add-ons are slowing down their browsing session.
• Reliability features. Tab isolation, automatic crash recovery, and the new hang recovery feature in IE9 all help to ensure information isn’t lost and will keep users browsing even when a website isn’t working correctly.
Internet Explorer 9 will enable a new class of experiences with partners like Facebook, Red Bull, LiveStrong, Twitter and Orbitz to create a more beautiful Web experience.