September 6, 2010 – 340 ml is a multiracial outfit based in Johannesburg, whose music plays between jazz and reggae. Offbeat, pensive and entertaining, the troupe of four tantalize. Capital Lifestyle took a closer look at the band and picked out Tiago. Here’s a little more about him…
1. How did you get into music? Did making music come naturally? What influenced you?
I got into music because, as a music listener, I’ve always been very passionate about music. Also because making music kind of jumped in front of the path I was taking somewhere else.
It came quite naturally and I think I was very much influenced by work avoidance, and other responsibilities at the time. Music provided a comfortable escape. And It still does. In a way, that’s why most people listen to music.
2. What music have you produced?
All types I guess. I’ve made albums with bands, I’ve done collaborations, features, soundtracks, plays, many things.
3. What can you say is one of the most memorable moments in your musical journey so far?
There are so many. Let me get one out of the box. Well, driving up snowy mountains in Canada on the way to a show with a van full of band mates and friends listening to the perfect sing along song. That has to be somewhere on the top ten musical journey moments.
4. What genre of music do you listen to?
Pretty much anything. I tend to prefer music that combines music genres.
5. What kind of music do you produce?
I’m thinking I make the same type of music I like (see above answer). But I could be wrong.
Buy fashion bags by top world brands
6. What or whom influences your music?
My daily mood.
7. What direction do you want your music career to go?
Up, left, right, sideways, I don’t know. Certainly not down. Just as long as it feels like it’s moving somewhere.
8. What is fashion to you?
Fashion is a trend. It’s what people follow without questioning. And we do it because we feel the need to be part of something.
9. What are some of the biggest mistakes women make with regards to fashion?
I think Women make less mistakes than Men. Sometimes the big mistake Women make is forgetting that before Fashion they should be aware of their bodies and their shapes. People need to know that not every Fashion is suitable for them.
10. What other interests do you have?
Film is a big interest of mine.
11. What is the most important thing in your life?
12. Do you have a girlfriend/boyfriend?
I have a girlfriend.
13. Do you drink alcohol?
14. Where is your favorite hangout?
15. What is your biggest turn-off, in a person?
16. If you were ever arrested for a serious crime, what would it be?
Robbing the wealthy mansion of an even wealthier politician.
17. What is your most expensive/valued asset?
My Laptop. I don’t care much for expensive things, unless they are immediately useful.
18. What would be your ideal holiday?
No mobile phone, no internet and no sounds of traffic. Something that would combine physical effort, like having to walk long distances, carry stuff, cook, and effortless times, for serious introspection and relaxing. Something like that also requires the right amount of the right people.
Oh, and no making music, just listening to it. Catching up.