Honey-Value for your money
July 16, 2010 – Due to its properties, today honey is one of the main ingredients in many moisturizing and nourishing body lotions and makeup products. Years ago it was commonly used as a substitute for sugar or as a flavor enhancer but in this day and age, it has become a main ingredient in one of the best skincare products and makeup products.
Natural honey is very beneficial to the skin as it has the ability to attract water and to nourish the skin deeply. During the last years many of the biggest cosmetic and skincare companies began to use natural honey in many body lotions, facial moisturizers, anti-aging creams and serums, facial masks, cleansers, shower gels due to its ability to retain and attract moisture. Many women prefer to use honey and another natural ingredient for home-facials as it rejuvenates the skin and nourish the skin deeply. Honey is also a natural antiseptic as it contains many antimicrobial agents that kill bacteria immediately.
What are the benefits of honey to the skin?
• Honey is safe for very sensitive or irritated skin and it doesn’t cause allergic reactions
• It eliminates wrinkles and fine lines
• It rejuvenates the skin
• It nourishes the skin deeply and prevents infections
• Honey helps attract and retain moisture and prevents skin dehydration
• Leaves skin smooth and supple
• Brightens dull skin and prevents skin discolorations
• Acts as a real antioxidant and fights free radicals
• Treats and prevents pimples, skin discolorations and fights acne
• Is beneficial to treating wounds, sores and burns
• Leaves skin soft, smooth and looking younger
• Helps renew skin cells
• Treats acne, eczema and other skin conditions as it contains amino acids and enzymes
• Fights against skin damage and ageing due to its antioxidant properties