The constituency development funds (CDF) should be streamlined in order to regain public confidence, abuse of the funds is order of the day given the number of cases in courts of law. clearly the problem is with the manner members of the local CDF are nominated that makes them answerable to the nominating authority and not the public that is intended to see and feel development.i would suggest all committees be disolved and reconstituted appropriately devoid of influence from the local Members of parliament who in the run up to the 2012 election year must be having grand ideas on how to finance their campaigns.surrendering such accounts 6 months to the elections should put mischief to check.
- DPP Haji’s tough stance against corruption is winning many plaudits 4,104 views
- Uhuru means business in graft fight 1,971 views
- Corrupt officials feel the pinch, as pride is slowly restored 1,218 views
- The birth pangs of a new Kenya 896 views
- Kenya’s salvation appears to be on the horizon 425 views