The constituency development funds (CDF) should be streamlined in order to regain public confidence, abuse of the funds is order of the day given the number of cases in courts of law. clearly the problem is with the manner members of the local CDF are nominated that makes them answerable to the nominating authority and not the public that is intended to see and feel development.i would suggest all committees be disolved and reconstituted appropriately devoid of influence from the local Members of parliament who in the run up to the 2012 election year must be having grand ideas on how to finance their campaigns.surrendering such accounts 6 months to the elections should put mischief to check.
- History as Kenya Airways inaugural direct flight to NY takes off Sunday 859 views
- Dissolving Nairobi County a costly affair for city residents 272 views
- Delivering shared value in Kenya’s mining sector 233 views
- Autonomous tech key to helping African business embrace the digital age 171 views
- Political interests override rationality in referendum push 156 views