WEBMASTER (Daystar University)
- A Bachelor’s degree in IT or Computer Science.
- Analytics or equivalents.
- Additional training in communication or PR will be on added advantage. .
- Creative and self-motivated individual.
- Other desirable attributes include working knowledge of Flash, multimedia technologies, graphic design and social media marketing.
- Web development which will include redesign of existing website if and when necessary, addition of new pages and functionality or modification of existing pages, renewal of the University’s web hosting, creation and maintenance of the University’s portals in liaison with the ICT Department and other departments.
- Facilitate end-users ¡n directly updating information specific to their departments wherever possible in a content management system or website.
- Assist in establishing policies and procedures including documentation of the University website and its web portals.
- Train users in the use of various tools associated with updating content on the website and University portals.
- Maintain a high quality website that portrays the University’s branding with easy navigation for Internet browsers.
- Working with departmental representatives, he or she should ensure that the website accurately reflects the University’s current events, goals, ethics and initiatives.
- Installation of various types of software to assist in the development of new content and maintenance of existing content on the website.
- SEO optimization of the website content so that it is search engine friendly.
- Maintenance of web analytics software for tracking and profiling visitors to the website.
- Preparation of monthly reports on web visitors and their profiles.
Those interested in these challenging and rewarding position should submit their applications, testimonials and detailed CV with names and contacts of 3 referees to the address below on or before: Friday 12th October, 2012
Applications should be sent by e-mail to:
Hard copies will not be considered.
Kindly note that only short listed candidates will be contacted