The Kenyan Section of the International Commission of Jurists (ICJ Kenya) is a non-governmental, non-profit and a member-based organization whose key mandate is to promote human rights, justice, democracy and the rule of law in Kenya and around Africa through the application of legal expertise and international best practices with a vision of a Just, Free and Equitable Society.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Communications Officer, the Communications Intern will provide support for ICJ Kenya activities relating to communications, advocacy, media relations and content development.
Duties will include but not limited to:
- Assist the CO in the development and dissemination of ICJ Kenya knowledge products (quarterly e-newsletter, press releases, reports, flyers, posters, event-branded materials) as required.
- Provide e-communications support, particularly Social Media with regular updates on ICJ Kenya social media pages.
- Assist in media monitoring by collating media coverage and website statistics for analysis
- Support in taking and collecting photos and videos at ICJ Kenya events and maintain photo files for online use by editing and uploading the photos and videos on ICJ Kenya website and Social media outlets.
- Assist in collection of data and information for creation and production of printed publications for organizational awareness and development purposes such as annual reports, overview documents, and Information packages.
- Assist in maintaining an updating ICJ Kenya members database.
Skills and Qualifications
- Graduate in communications, journalism or related field of study.
- Experience with content management systems and tools.
- Working knowledge of photo and video editing software.
- Excellent organizational skills, particularly in managing time and tasks.
- Articulate, creative with superb communication skills both written and spoken.
- Paying attention to detail.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
Please send a cover letter, resume and a letter of motivation via [email protected] with “Communication Intern’ in the subject line. Closing Date for Applications: 25th April 2018.