The new Chandaria, Business, Innovation and Incubation Centre is set to officially open tomorrow 30th July 2013. The guest of honour will be the Deputy President. Hon. William Ruto. The opening ceremony will begin at 10 a:m at the Kenyatta University Amphitheatre before proceeding to the new building.
The Chandaria, Business, Innovation and Incubation Centre project was set up to help promote innovation and entrepreneurship in the institution. Innovators shall be provided with the necessary assistance including space, telephone services, internet, administrative support, professional guidance and mentorship for a period of 12 months.
Every business in the new Centre will be continuously vetted every month to asses it’s progress and weaknesses for remedy where necessary. An innovation/idea will e removed from the premises if it fails to attain at least 30% of the projected growth for the first 6 months.
Major benefits and expected outcomes of the centre have been set as:
- Successful entrepreneurship and self reliance
- Contribution towards the attainment of vision 2030
- Promotion of an innovative culture
- Energizing and empowering young entrepreneurs who will ;
- Create employment for themselves and others
- Create wealth and hence contribute towards social economic development in Kenya
- Enhancement of quality living