Link to official site http://www.daystar.ac.ke/
Year of Establishment: 1967
Type of Establishment: [Public/Private] Private
In 1967, Dr. Donald K. Smith, an American missionary, and Motsoko Pheko, an African journalist, founded Daystar Communications. Daystar sought to improve techniques used in communicating the message of Christ, to analyze the target audience of these messages, and to design more effective communication strategies for reaching such audiences.
Current Vice chancellor: Timothy Wachira
Student Population: 4,400
Campuses: Nairobi Campus, Athi River Campus and Mombasa Campus.
- Bachelor of Arts in Biblical and Religious Studies
- Bachelor of Arts in Communication (Public Relations, Electronic
- Media, Print Media or Advertising).
- Bachelor of Arts in Community Development, Integrated
- Bachelor of Arts in Community Development, Rural
- Bachelor of Arts in Peace and Conflict Transformation
- Bachelor of Arts in Social Work
- Bachelor of Education in Business and Mathematics
- Bachelor of Education in Computer Science and Mathematics
- Bachelor of Education in Religious Studies and Music
- Bachelor of Science in Applied Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental Health
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Physics
- Bachelor of Theology (B.Th.)
- Master of Arts in Child Development
- Master of Arts in Christian Ministries
- Master of Arts in Communication (Media Studies, Corporate
- Communication, or Development Communication)
- Master of Arts in Counseling Psychology
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) (Strategic
- Management, Human Resources Management, Finance or Marketing).
- Master of Theology in African Christianity (day classes)
- PhD in Communication
- Postgraduate Diploma in Child Development
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) offered during April, August and December school holidays.