The CCRs will work in the Commission call centre.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Attend to phone calls with keen phone handling protocols;
- Respond to enquiries, problem or concerns of IEBC callers;
- Ensure that the caller’s concern is accurately documented;
- Create, log and tract contacts that require further action;
- Document the Frequently Asked Questions and forward to relevant IEBC department for action;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirement for Recruitment:
- Degree in social science (Law, Political Science, Communication, Journalism, Education among others);
- A good understanding of IEBC’s mandate;
- Previous experience in customer service and front desk work;
- Minimum 1 – 2 years of working experience in customer care, call centre, front office desk and related field;
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili;
- Must be computer literate.
Terms of employment
CCR will be contracted:
For a duration of six (6) months;
For a wage of Kshs: 50,000 only per month;
No other benefits or allowances will be paid to them.
Applicants attention is drawn to Section 30 of the IEBC Act in which Members or Employees of the Commission will be held liable on conviction to a term of imprisonment not exceeding three years or to a fine of not more than one million shillings or both for subverting the process of free, fair elections or interfering with the functions of the commission in discharging its duty.
Applicants should fill the online form provided on the Commission website www.iebc.or.ke/careers.
Applications must be received on or before 4th December, 2012.
The Commission is an equal opportunity employer.
Canvassing will lead to disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Shortlisted candidates will be vetted as per Chapter Six of the Constitution.