Position: Accounts Assistant/ Cashier
Industry: Retail (Electronics, Electrical & Communication)
Our client, a retail outlet specializing in sales of Electronics, Electrical and Communication products seeks to recruit an accounts assistant/ Cashier. We are specifically looking for someone with outstanding accounts experience in retail or any relevant industry.
- Receipt, process and record all sales transactions.
- Generate and analyse all invoices and purchase orders to ensure correct billings to protect revenue.
- Verify and reconcile petty cash claims to ensure correct usage, accountability and accurate reimbursements.
- Prompt banking of daily shop sales and reconciliation of cash and bank balances.
- Accurate payments of all supplier invoices, VAT, NHIF, PAYE and NSSF.
- Reconcile cash collections with invoiced sales and send daily reports to the MD. Overlook business controls and recommend improvements.
- Prepare monthly accounts P&L, Balance sheet and cash flow statements from trial balance by the 5th of the next month.
- Drive cost and working capital (stocks, debtors, creditors and cash) efficiency in the business by identifying and recommending areas of improvement.
- Evaluate financial viability of business opportunities identified.
- Maintain proper accounts i.e. vouchers, invoices, receipts and all accounts transaction records and reports for reference and accountability.
Qualifications and skills
- A minimum of C plus in KCSE with C plus in mathematics.
- A minimum of CPA section 3.
- 2 years working experience preferably as an accounts assistant/cashier in a retail outlet
- Superior knowledge of excel as well as computer skills in Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- High levels of integrity and customer service.
- Superior financial controls and accounts preparation skills.
- Good interpersonal and team working skills
To apply, send your CV only to [email protected] before Friday 9th November 2012. Clearly indicate the position applied for and the minimum salary expectation on the subject line.