From the Odyssey, to Robinson Crusoe, to Star Wars — why are we drawn to stories about heroes? And what do they tell us about ourselves? This hour, TED speakers explore what makes a hero’s journey.
1. What Is The Blueprint For Stories About Heroes?
2. Dame Ellen MacArthur: How Does A Hero’s Journey Begin?
3. Jarrett J. Krosoczka: How Can Mentors Turn An Uncertain Journey Into A Heroic One?
4. George Takei: Is Forgiveness The Ultimate Test?
5. Ismael Nazario: How Does A Rikers Inmate Become a Hero?
6. Dame Ellen MacArthur: How Does The Journey Change The Hero?